Mission and Vision Statements
The mission of the Mequon-Thiensville School District, an active partnership of staff, school board, parents and community, is to maximize the academic achievement and personal growth of all students so they have the skills necessary to meet the challenges of a changing global environment.
The vision of the Mequon-Thiensville School District is to be an exemplary educational leader that supports and challenges all students to achieve their full potential.
The Mequon-Thiensville School District will carry out the District’s mission and vision statements by:
- Maximizing the academic achievement and personal growth of each Mequon-Thiensville student,
- Achieving more effective decision-making through improved systems and processes,
- Ensuring fiscal stability and appropriate resources for programming and facilities, and
- Ensuring a climate and culture to sustain excellence.
Adopted by the Mequon-Thiensville Board of Education October 22, 2012
Message from Superintendent Means
District Goals 2013-2016
- Goal 1: The Mequon-Thiensville School District will maximize the academic achievement and personal growth of each Mequon-Thiensville Student.
- Goal 2: The Mequon-Thiensville School District will achieve more effective decision-making through improved systems and process.
- Goal 3: The Mequon-Thiensville School District will ensure fiscal stability and appropriate resources for programming and facilities.
- Goal 4: The Mequon-Thiensville School District will ensure a climate and culture to sustain excellence.
- Mequon-Thiensville is one of only six (6) school districts in the state to receive a “Aaa” bond rating from Moody's. “Aaa” is the highest rating a school district can receive from Moody's.
- Mequon-Thiensville offers 5 levels of 2 modern world languages (Spanish and French) and one classical language (Latin). MTSD also offers first level Mandarin.
- Instructional Media Specialists support teacher literacy and technology needs in every school.
- Many classrooms are supplied with SMART boards, LCD projectors and other tools to assist 21st Century student learning.
- Mequon-Thiensville offers a world-class fine arts program for students grades K-12.
Resources and Information
News & Announcements
- Homestead Scored 26.0 Composite on the ACT
MTSD is pleased to announce that Homestead High School's Class of 2014 recorded the highest composite ACT in the history of the high school with a score of 26.0. Please click on the above release for more information.
- M-T Community Members Approve District Tax Levy & Land Sale
Residents of Mequon and Thiensville Authorized the MTSD tax levy and the potential sale of vacant land during Monday's Annual Meeting. Click on the above link for more information.
- Community Ad-Hoc Committee Submits Report to MTSD Board of Education
Committee Studied MTSD's Financial Sustainability, Develops Recommendations
- MTSD's Vacant Land
The District owns approximately 112 acres of land in Mequon's Central Growth Area and is proposing to pursue the sale of the property. MTSD will seek the approval of electors at the July 21, 2014 Annual Meeting. Please click on the above link for more information.
- MTSD VIDEO: A Look Inside Our Schools
The Mequon-Thiensville School District created a video to give prospective new families and community members a video snapshot of who we are and what we offer.
- National Study Ranks Wisconsin Report Card System at the Top
The state school accountability system that ranked MTSD as the top K-12 public school district in Wisconsin has been recognized nationwide.
- BOARD BRIEFS
Click on the above link to view a summary of upcoming MTSD Board of Education meetings.
- Homestead Named Among America's Most Challenging High Schools
HHS Ranked 9th in Wisconsin
- MTSD Shows Improvement on WKCE
District students advance in Reading and Mathematics. For more inforamtion, visit http://wisedash.dpi.wi.gov/Dashboard/portalHome.jsp
- 2014-2015 SCHOOL YEAR CALENDARS APPROVED!
The K-8 and HHS 2014-2015 school year calendars were approved by the Board of Education on Monday, January 20, 2014.
- Forbes Names MTSD 3rd Best School District in the Nation for your Housing Dollar
The Mequon-Thiensville School District tops the Forbes list "Best Schools for your Housing Buck." Visit the above link for the details!
- MTSD Ranks #1 on DPI Report Cards
The Mequon-Thiensville School District leads the State of Wisconsin on school report cards released today.
- MTSD iPad App
Check out the MTSD iPad App in the App Store.
- Public Notices
- Earlier Announcements
|September 8 - Monday|
07:00 PM - Working Board Meeting